Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The start to a great weekend

We had such a wonderful weekend! I decided to break it down into a couple of posts because I thought it may be to lengthy. Saturday morning we got up early and went to an Easter egg hunt put on by the Air/Navy base. It was a little overwhelming, to say the least. There were hundreds of people, and just as many kids. This month is also the month of the military child, so there was a festival following the egg hunt. The had all kinds of booths for the kids, snow cones, popcorn, and lunch, all for FREE!! It was amazing!! Of course, I teared up. Don't ask me why, I tear up at anything involving the military. You can rest assured there are many things being done for military families, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. That's a soap box for another day.
Anyhow, the line for the lunch was a bizillion miles long and hungry children do not understand waiting 1 hr. for food. We made the trek to Mt. Pleasant to a hotdog place called, Jack's Cosmic Dogs. Oh my gracious, it was delicious!! Thank goodness for neighbors who have lived here longer than us and know the places to go!! They have homemade Root beer that comes from a tap and served in a frosty mug. I wouldn't mind having one everyday!!
We came home to rest (I thought), and ended up going fishing. Jake (our next door neighbor) and Mike went down to the pier and Jen and I met them there with the littles. Audrey decided she wanted to stay home, so her and HG stayed home with Memaw. Have I mentioned Mike's grandmother has been here? She came to visit us for 6 whole days!! We love being with her! She is one of the most precious people in my life! Back to the story, the fishing was not so great. I was a nervous wreck, just knowing Madelynn would jump off the pier into the water. There will definitely be a life jacket involved next time. I was so glad we went though, there were dolphins everywhere. I can honestly say, I never thought I would live somewhere that I could see dolphins minutes from my house.

Oh, these glasses!
working out a plan
sweet precious, without a bow, again!
my 2 bunnies :)
Best friends @ Jack's
My attempt at photographing the dolphins.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. 1. SO jealous that you can go see dolphins any time you want. 2. My sweet precious NEVER has (or keeps) a bow on.

    ReplyDelete