Thursday, April 19, 2012

Break and Buddy Boo

Break, as in Spring. Buddy Boo, as in J. Not exactly sure where that name came from, but I have called my brother that for years. I never thought about the fact that he is an adult now, and might not want to be called that. Anyway, my brother and SIL InaBeth came to visit. We had such a blast with them! I regret not taking enough pictures. Hurry back guys, we miss you already!!

The day before they got here Jen and I took the kids to the sprinkler park. I had no idea we had one here in Charleston, but was ecstatic when I found out we did. We dropped Memaw off at the airport that morning and then met Jen and the kids. Let me just pat myself on the back for a minute. I never ever have been good with timing. This morning was by far the most successful morning ever in our house! I packed a picnic lunch for us all and got to the airport with 2 minutes to spare. Then drove to the park and arrived exactly on time. Proud mom moment, let me tell you! The sprinkler park was awesome, crowded, but awesome. I see us there frequently this summer. I discovered sweet precious absolutely loves ice!! Sweet girl!
Noah, MP, and AK
I will have to do another post about my brother's visit later when I get pics from IB. She took more than I did and the girls did things with them when I wasn't there. Friday night we took them to eat at Brixx, our favorite pizza place. After we finished dinner, Hunky took the girls to feed the ducks outside the restaurant. This could be one of my favorite pictures of all times.
Saturday we went downtown for sightseeing and more unhealthy food. After lunch at Hyman's Audrey had a softball game. Shout out to her for going 3 for 3!! So proud of that girl!!
Sunday was a big day in our house. I actually had to comb HG's hair!! I was beside myself, so exciting! I even made it into a cu-pie curl! I realize now this picture really doesn't show it :(
After church on Sunday we headed to the beach. We have been to this beach many times, but never when it was warm enough to be in a swimsuit. It was a perfect day , the most perfect kind of beach day. Hunky and the girls built a sand castle and splashed in the waves. HG absolutely LOVES the beach! She loves the sand and the way it feels! Weird, huh?
Love this girl!
Funniest story of the day. Madelynn had to go to the bathroom so bad. We told her she could just go in the water, but she couldn't do it. She tried but just couldn't make herself go. We then just told her to stand on the beach and go. She started pulling down her bottoms, and of course we all screamed. She still couldn't go. Finally, my brother suggested she sit on the sand pail and try. It worked!! Good grief, this girl.
We came home that night and had fajitas along with "pina coladas" for the girls. That was a mistake, now they want one every day.
Tuesday, before we dropped them off at the airport we stopped by the base. Mike took us all out on the flight line and into a C-17. It was amazing! I am so glad we can do things like that. I can't believe this picture is so blurry! Thanks for coming to visit you 2!! We love you!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment