Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

Hope you all had a wonderful day!! I love Easter! I have so many memories of Easters with grandparents and family. Easter has always been very important in my life and I hope I can continue that tradition for my girls. We had a very long and fun filled day.

I woke up super early because I knew I had so much to get accomplished. I kind of expected to start the morning by myself, but to my surprise MP woke up and was a big help.
We started the morning by doing something I saw on pinterest, of course. We taped a sign to Jake and Jen's front door,
then we hid eggs in their yard. MP loved doing this!! I hope to keep this tradition and do it for a different friend every year. You can find the original idea and free printable here.
I also saw so many friends pinning the "recipe" for resurrection rolls. The things looked absolutely delicious, so I knew I had to try it.
I followed the directions and well, they didn't turn out so pretty. I fixed them, and boy were they delicious. Growing up, my dad made us the same breakfast every Sunday morning of cinnamon and chocolate toast. I have decided I will continue that with my family, fixing resurrection rolls. I want the girls to remember how important the resurrection is all of the time.
After church we had lunch and rushed home to wait on the Easter bunny.
One day, I will get in a picture. :)
Jake and Mike hid lots and lots of eggs for the kids to find.


Being in the military and living in the southeast, is the best because of the different traditions everyone has. None of our friends had ever heard of cascarones. What?!?!? I am not exactly sure how that is possible, but we knew we had to do it. We had 4 dozen and the kids loved it.
This was the picture we took surprising the girls with the confetti eggs. Poor Madelynn had no idea.
The Easter bunnies


Let me start by saying, I am in no way making this a materialistic thing. Since we couldn't be with my parents for Easter I wanted them to know what the girls got in their baskets. That is why I have everything listed.





We ended the day with my husbands amazing burgers and poppers. We are so blessed to be able to celebrate holiday with such great friends!!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. That first pic makes me SO happy! Look at HGs teeth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all had a fabulous Easter!! Love the girls dresses!! :)

    ReplyDelete