Wednesday, January 29, 2014

DW Day 3 Part 1: Chef Mickey's and Hollywood Studios

 Welcome to the longest day of our life.  I initially wanted to post the entire day on one post but when I loaded the pictures I was over the limit, so 2 posts it is.

Our day started at 4:30 a.m., well mine did at least.  I got ready and woke everyone at 5:30 so we could drive to breakfast because there were no shuttles running that early.  I expected my bunch to be whiny babies but apparently Mickey and friends make everything better.  Chef Mickey's was so incredible.  Not only was the food exceptional, the fact that every character came to your table was super convenient.  As much as I was glad I had a plan for everything we did, missing an autograph because of a wait was aggravating.  Having the chance to meet all of them in a short very organized amount of time was perfect.















 After breakfast we drove back to the hotel and jumped on the shuttle to Hollywood Studios.  I must say I was caught completely off guard by the number of people there.  It was by far the most crowded of all of the parks.  Disney offers what they call a fast pass which cuts down your wait time.  You are allowed 3 fast passes per day and with the Magic Band you can get 3 more.  The only thing about a fast pass is that you have to use it at a certain time.  In other words, scheduling goes to a whole different level.  You can even fast pass a show.  We did the fast pass for Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, and the Toy Story ride (a must).  For some reason, I don't have a lot of pictures from the park.  I so regret not having a picture from the funniest part of the trip.  AK and MP decided they wanted to ride the Tower of Terror with me like it was no big deal.  I remembered it as busy a simple drop and then it was over.  Bah!  They pushed us out and dropped us, and again, and again.  I would do anything to have a video of AK.  Oh.  my.  word!!!  That poor girl.  Even the people in front of us were consoling her.  As for MP, the girl didn't make a peep.  I'm pretty sure she was just in shock.

This day was so super hot and I just felt sorry for this guy.


There is a little disadvantage to our family size when it comes to doing things in pairs.  We did lots of waiting and people watching while Daddy was taking selfies.  Good news is AK loved Rockin' Rollercoaster!





Sweet precious got to see all her favorite Disney Junior characters in one place.




                           


Several of the things I had planned for the day were under construction which was a total bummer.  By the time we had everything done we knew we wanted to do everybody was kind of crashing.  We had one last show to go to before we were going to take a break and rest.  We hadn't had lunch and didn't really have time to get anything before Beauty and the Beast started.  Since I had already seen the show I sent them on and I agreed to pick up everyones lunch.  Well, that was hilarious.  I kept the stroller to help me carry some things, which left Mike carrying HG from one side of the park to the other.  Bless him!  I was so excited to eat at Pizza Planet, you know from Toy Story.  I stood in line for what seemed like forever, but I wanted the total experience.  Disney makes sure you stay full, real full.  I got to the counter and ordered 5 meals.  That's five pizzas, 2 salads, 5 cupcakes, and 5 drinks.  That all comes with it and I had to carry it to the other side of the park.  Just put that pretty little picture in your mind.


 None of the rest of us had the nerve to take a picture at this point, but all pretty much looked like HG by now.


One last picture before we break.  I wish I knew where this pose came from.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment