Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Disney World Day 2: Epcot

Let me start this by telling you that the next few posts will be on picture overload.  Sorry, but I know several people who check this blog daily who love them.

Let me also say that I spent hours planning every single minute of this trip.  Day 1 was a disaster and was nothing like I had planned.  I was determined to try again on Day 2 and well, ha.  We got up early and on the first bus to Epcot because we had a sch to keep.  SN:  If you are planing a DW trip, you will never do EVERYTHING, never.  I am not sure why but I was super pumped for Epcot, even though I didn't really think the girls would like it.  We got there about 5 mins before opening and were some of the first people in the park and on the "big silver ball" ride.  It never gets old.  The only thing I really cared about was visiting the World Showcase.  Well, believe it or not my great planning skills got us there an hour before the World Showcase opened.  Whomp, whomp!  Who would have thought?  We hadn't eaten breakfast because I had planned to have breakfast in England.  On to plan B, that was not existent.  We headed over to Future World promising the girls that we were not going to starve them.  We accomplished an entire part of the park I hadn't even planned on before we could even technically "get in".  WINNING!!
  The girls got their own passports where they could get a stamp in every country.  I love this fun and simple little activity.  It's a perfect way to see every single country because the anticipation of the littles to get to the next is just crazy.  They also get to learn a little about every country from the person giving them their stamp.  That's another little thing about Disney that is just great!  The people working in every "country" are actually from that country.  It's makes it more real, you know?  Back to our day that just started.


We made it to England and sweet precious couldn't do it anymore.  We needed food, stat!
                                        


                                       


 We got to France and had some amazing crepes.  Hallelujah!  Notice someone is on their second breakfast in 30 minutes.


 After visiting France, we had a tight sch to meet lots of characters.  There I go with that sch again.  We got to Morocco 5 minutes after Aladdin and Jasmine would be making an appearance just to find out they had already taken the max amount for that time period.  My feelings were really starting to get hurt.  On to the next!





We learned a secret from one of the workers to get to the visiting spot about 10 minutes early.
Golden!! 





 After learning that, our sch was flawless.  Whoohoo!  My time wasn't wasted and these girls hearts were full.


We had lunch at La Cantina de San Angel, and it was just as wonderful as I had remembered.  I highly recommend.  We did a couple more things and then headed home to clean up, nap and get ready for an epic dinner.  The nap part translated to 15 minutes of air conditioned rocking of the shuttle bus.

That night we had reservations at Akershus, the restaurant in Norway.  I was a little anxious about this decision because I wasn't exactly sure about Norwegian food.  It has outstanding reviews and I knew where there were princesses, there would be happy girls.

I think this could have been my favorite picture of the whole trip.  Then HG had to go and look like she hadn't had a nap or something.  Still, I love it!


Akershus turned out to be one of the greatest parts of the entire trip.  The food was unbelievable!  All of the princesses visited every table and spent time with everyone.  Close to the end of the night they took all of the girls on a parade around the restaurant.  An experience of a lifetime!






There are no words!







 The kiss that lasted 3 days.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment