Monday, January 20, 2014

The trip home

The end of our beach trip mean't our summer away was officially over.  It also mean't the road trip home was half way over.  If you remember, I made the drive home 2 years ago without Mike and it was less than amazing.  Pensacola was about half way and that mean't I only had about 11 hours to Charleston.  I had decided I would surprise the girls one last time with a stay at the Marriott in Atlanta in an American Girl room.  Atlanta would be half way and we would wake up refreshed for the last leg home.  Well, just as we drove into the very outskirts of ATL, my phone died, and I had no charger.  I drove around like I knew exactly where I was going for 2 hours.  Nothing.  I finally thought maybe a convenience store could have a charger, and I was right.  The better part was that I was 5 miles away from where I was going.  Score, I did know where I was!!  We got to the AG store and did our damage.  At this point, I hadn't let the girls in on the surprise.  I asked them if they wanted to spend the night, or just keep driving.  To my surprise, they just wanted to keep going, so we kept driving.  I forgot to mention I had just had a meltdown in the store.  Yes me, not the girls.  I was checking out and something was said and I just lost it.  I was the crazy lady, and the poor girl checking me out had no idea what to do.  I think I was so anxious because I knew home mean't Mike was coming home.  Anyway, bless her heart.

One last road trip selfie.

Madelynn got to open a bday card on our way home, just like last year.



 My beautiful girl wanted to buy the doll of the year, Saige.  I told her she would have to save her own money if she really wanted it.  That sweet girl worked SO hard all summer and saved enough money to buy and still save some money.  I think her face says just how excited she was!




So, here is the story on this little package.  When I had my little meltdown the manager came up and gave me this little package.  Talk about embarrassing.  The girls were super glad it happened though.

We made it home.  Let me just say the girls were complete troopers, like completely!
This stack of mail greeted us as we walked in the door.  I love me some mail!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment