Monday, January 27, 2014

Disney World Day 1

So when we made the decision to make this trip I knew I wanted to tell the girls in some really amazing way.  It honestly didn't take me long at all to decide there was no better way than cookies from my sweet friend, Holly.
I pretty much told her what I was going for and she created the perfect cookies for the surprise.


I dreamed of the perfect little bags to put the cookies in for the girls to open.
I had to settle with last minute from Target.  Pretty cute though!






 I must say Disney World takes care of the military.  We were able to get discounted tickets as well as a discounted hotel rate at the Animal Kingdom Lodge which was absolutely unbelievable!  

Disney is running a trial right now for their MagicBands and only certain resorts were given the option to participate.  We just happened to be some of the lucky ones.

These bands were unreal!  They were your tickets, room key, meal plan, everything.  It made life so convenient.


Our first day started so stressful.  We went to the Animal Kingdom, but had not checked into the room first which messed everything up.  When you check in, everything is activated.  My suggestion to you is to always check in before doing anything.  It will make your life much less stressful.  

We met lots of characters and saw the incredible Lion King show.  That show is worth the admission, seriously.






 When we finally got everything activated we each were presented these buttons.  They had me at these buttons!

The tree of life

 After sweating and stressing for several hours we decided to call it a wrap at the AK.  We got checked into the hotel, cleaned up and headed to Downtown Disney for dinner at Rainforest Cafe.  I hadn't unpacked the real camera yet and managed to get no pictures from that night.
post signature

The moment the girls knew our secret I will never forget.  It is so great to be surprised by others, but there is nothing like surprising your own children.  Thank you to all of you who kept our secret!  I may never be able to keep it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment