Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crafting and a Pedicure

This girl loves to have painted nails and this daddy is equally excited to paint them. I love this about him. He is such an amazing girl daddy!!
I just realized M has on a swim shirt and sweat pants. HA!! I have a feeling I may have to help this child dress until she goes off to college. Everyday is something crazy!!
I must say, I have been a copy cat lately. I originally saw this project on thetichenorfamily.com. I love this blog and everything Meredith does!! If you see something you like, you should go with it, right? My girls love peace signs so I thought this would be a great project to make together. I must say if was a lengthy process but a lot of fun. Meredith recommends using Martha Stewart glitter, and I have to agree.
I have no idea why I chose the colors I did except that I love the colors in general. I am super happy with the way they turned out and coordinated with our tree!
The final product!
I also saw this idea on another blog. I have always kept my christmas cards for years because I don't believe in throwing pictures away. I just punched holes in the cards and made a little "book". I forgot to take a picture when I was done, whoops!! I can't wait to see how it will grow over the years.
I love the tradition that comes with Christmas. I had every intention of creating several traditions for our family this year. Of course, it didn't get accomplished due to the fact we are still trying to settle in along the usual hustle and bustle of the season. I did however manage to start the tradition of making salt dough ornaments. The girls loved this and I hope it is something we can continue every year.
This year we chose an angel and painted them with Martha stewart pearl paint, which I have to tell you is glorious. It is like painting with liquid pearls.
Madelynn loved rolling out the dough. Audrey loved cutting them out. Well, I forgot to take a picture once again. Maybe I can show you when we make our ornament for next year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment