Thursday, January 12, 2012

1372 miles

Yes, you read that correctly. That is how far this girl drove to get home for xmas. Honestly, I had been dreading the drive since the day we arrived in Charleston. In the new job Mike is in we knew he would not be able to come home with us. That left me and 3 children, one of them being an infant. Y'all, I wanted to cry thinking about it. If you are wondering why we didn't just fly, there is reason. A great reason at that, Momo graduated!! The plan was this: 1st day, 800 miles to Searcy, 2 days in Searcy, and then the trek to ABILENE!!! The day before we were to leave my parents did there very best to convince me to break up the drive into 2 days. Not gonna lie, I really wanted to but was no where near ready to go. I thought it would be best just to get in the car and get it over with rather than drag it out.

The morning came and we left around 6:30. We made it to Colombia in time for some drive thru CFA and I decided I had to take a nap. I was struggling BiG TiMe!! Yeah, well that didn't happen! I pulled over in the Hobby Lobby parking lot and tried to rest for 30 minutes. There were 3 children in the back who were super concerned that I was going to sleep and leaving them awake :) I made a phone call that got me all the way to Atlanta, thank you Dida!! There are many more details but it would take all day!! We made it to Searcy in 15.5 hours and all survived!! I can tell you today, I may have been complaining at the moment, but it really wasn't that bad. I have some amazing children!!
Packing for 4 for 2 weeks is ridiculous!! Make that 4 girls and it is even more ridiculous!!
While I was packing, Daddy came home with presents for the girls from people from his squadron. Have I mentioned how awesome Mike's new squadron is? These people are amazing!!


Had to throw the graduate in since she was the celebration. I forgot my camera at graduation, of course!!
The doors opened magically :)
If you haven't seen the lights at Harding during Christmas, you are missing out. They are absolutely breath taking!!

Hummy carrying on tradition of the toothpick in the infants mouth :)
They love their Momo!!
Berry Hill
We had a great time in Searcy!! We left Sunday after church to drive 8 more hours to get to Abilene to celebrate Christmas. I love this time of year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment