Thursday, September 6, 2012

A different kind of birthday

Those of you that know me, know throwing a party is my thing.  Honestly, it is a little ridiculous.  I love throwing a party and love every little aspect of the planning.  We decided this year would be a little different.  Since we do not know very many people here, or at least ones to invite to a party, we decided on a family party.  You have to know this killed me.  I usually spend months looking for the perfect invite, decor, etc.  This required deciding what we wanted to do the night before.  

Sweet girl got to wake up to several bday cards.  Thank you to each of you!! 



MP decided she wanted Maximus food aka P.F. Chang's.



This was her fortune.

After lunch, we headed to get a haircut.  This child has only had 2 haircuts her entire life.  Her hair is super frustrating to me, I am not exactly sure what we will do with it in the future.  We tried a children's salon called Bangs and Bows, success.  The girl who cut her hair had curly hair as well, so we were in business.  

Across the parking lot was the  Charleston famous little cupcake joint called, Cupcake.  The girls picked out a cupcake and their mama walked next door for some McAlister's sweet tea.

We drove home to open presents,


and for some reason this is the only picture I took.  Her sweet big sister got this doll for her.  Her mama and daddy got her some boring clothes.

We ended the day by a walk around the neighborhood.  Yup, their is a my non-picture taking baby.

It was the greatest day!  Not exactly how we usually celebrate, but I think a new tradition.  I am beyond blessed with the most amazing children, and love celebrating them on their special day.
How can this sweet girl be 4 already?  I love you sweetness!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment