Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A trip to the zoo

When moving to Charleston, I was super disappointed to find out that their was no zoo.  Although the Abilene zoo is small, we had a membership, and went as often as possible.  I began researching, because I knew the girls would be so disappointed to not have a zoo nearby.  I found out there was a zoo in Columbia, the capitol, a little over 100 miles away.  Not an every month activity, but definitely doable.  Once our schedules calmed down and we were all free on the same day, we decided we would check it out.  Y'all.  It is fabulous, beyond fabulous.  Perfect size, perfect animals, and beautiful.  We will def, be visiting as often as we can.  

Do you think these girls are excited?!

I love this picture.

I forgot to mention that our neighbors came along for our adventure.  We decided to find somewhere to eat before the zoo, because we knew it would be overpriced.  This, is the back of the restaurant where we ate.  Not gonna lie, by this sight I was wondering if I would be able to swallow my food.  It was absolutely delicious and well worth the 30 minute wait.

Just an example of the flowers and landscaping.  It was the most amazing I have ever seen.

I want to frame this picture!!





Watching the gorillas was our favorite.

In case you didn't know, Madelynn loves Planet of the Apes.  She calls every gorilla Caesar and even has a monkey charm on her charm bracelet.  She had to have her picture taken with "Caesar".

The kangaroo exhibit was unbelievable.  You actually got to walk down a path in their enclosure.

The girls loved being able to be so close.



My sweet girl.

One of the sidewalks was covered in baby frogs and AK finally was able to catch one.



Just plain worn out.  We ended the day at our favorite, Red Robin.  That is also something we do not have in Charleston.  Oh yeah, and HG really was with us.  I'm not exactly why she is not in pictures.  

We had such an awesome day and can't wait to visit again!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment