Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A mom's hug lasts long after she lets go

The most wonderful woman in the entire world came to visit us.  I am so beyond blessed to have the greatest mother, ever, seriously.  There is not a day that goes by that I want to be her.  I can never say enough, she is just simply wonderful.  

The same week mom came, Audrey had a special reading week at school.  We started the week with crazy sock day.

We ended the week with dress like your favorite character day.  Can you guess who she is?

We did lots of cooking while mom was here.  I think we both found some of our new favorite recipes.

These are spinach and chicken flautas.  You can find their recipe here.  Seriously, one of the greatest things I have ever made.



Love this picture!  If you know my mom, you know how much she loves dessert.  Like choosing dessert over food, kinda love.  We unloaded the dishwasher one day, and low and behold the motherload of dessert plates.  We made several pinterest favorites that didn't let us down, obviously.  HA!!

This girl is getting ridiculous about her clothes.  She did not want to wear this dress to church.  I refused to let her change and she was not happy.  I sent her upstairs because I was sick of hearing her cry and the poor girl fell asleep.

One day, since mom was here and could watch the girls, I got to do an amazing thing!!  I got to go on a spouse incentive flight on a C-17.  It was intense, for lack of a better word.  The picture below is with the back open while we were flying along the coast.  Simply amazing!!

I finally can show you Mike's plane!!  Woohoo!!

Mom and MP matched!!  MP loved it!

This woman found my laundry room floor!! Greatest feeling ever!!!

I was so thrilled that mom got to see 3 of AK's games.  She did great in all of them, and I know AK was so glad to have her there.  

Some of the little sisters sharing sunflower seeds

Special treat for a special girl.

Sister love.

Mom gave me a sewing lesson while the girls played.

Finally a sunset!!  Thank you mom for bringing it with you!!  I didn't take near enough pictures.  I must do better next time.
We were so blessed to have mom here for a little while!  Come back soon and bring dad with you!!  We miss you!!  Can't wait until Florida!!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures and update! You are right, your Mom is THE best! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete