Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What we've been up to

Last week, was such a great week!  We had a break from softball.  It was nice to not have something to do EVERY night of the week.  Not only that, but I only used a 1/4 a tank of gas in 9 days!!  Yippee!!  

Thursday afternoon, wait, let me back up.  AK had been telling me for around a week that her was hurting.  Well, with the hand, foot and mouth disease along with allergies all around I assumed the pain was from drainage.  On Thursday afternoon, she told me she really thought she needed to go to the dr.  Coming from her, I knew something was really wrong.  I finally looked in her ear and my heart was in my throat.  It was a little dark, so at first I thought she might have some kind of blister in her ear.  I took her next door to let Jen look and she confirmed my other fear, a tic.  Really?  I felt horrible!!  She had been dealing with this for at least a week!!  I immediately called Mike and asked him what I should do. I knew I would never get into the dr. on base on such short notice.  I took his advice and called the nurse on call.  She suggested I take her immediately to the ER!!  What?!  That made me even more scared!  I decided that it was probably not that serious and we could wait 1 hr. for our favorite pediatric clinic to open.  Long story short, they got it out and told us to watch her a couple of weeks.  Relief, you have no idea!! Oh, and AK took that thing to school the next day!

The tic

She was such a trooper!  So proud of this girl!

Taking pictures is definitely a great way to pass the time at the dr.

Sweet precious

On Saturday morning, it was beautiful so we planned on heading to the beach for a couple of hours.  I was checking facebook and stumbled upon this picture a friend had just posted.  JELLYFISH, everywhere!!  She said there were hundreds lining the shore.  Strike that plan!!

Plan 2
Noah and Corley gave HG the most precious little water play area/ pool for her birthday.  We decided to put it together and just let the kids play in the backyard.  It is the most perfect little "pool" because it only holds about 2 inches of water.

This girl loves it!!

 Some neighbor kids came over and they all had the greatest time!  It has been used the majority of the days since!  Thanks Jen!

On Saturday evening, I got to do the most incredible thing!  When we got the news we were moving to Charleston, I of course started researching.  I had to know what I was getting into!  During my research, I discovered that Wicked would be coming in the spring!  You have NO IDEA just how EXCITED I was!  Well, maybe you do after that sentence.  Mike got me a ticket as a Vday present.  Meggan and I had dinner and then went to the show.  It was absolutely incredible!!  No where near as amazing as seeing it on Broadway, but just wonderful!!  I am still singing the songs in my dreams!

Me and Mr. Wonderful
Dad, I am wearing my bday shirt!!  Can you see it?  I got a bizillion compliments!

The set.  Brings a smile to my face :)
post signature

1 comment:

  1. LOVE hearing about you and your family! Sounds like you are having great life adventures! Love you!

    ReplyDelete