Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Saying Goodbye............

When you are part of a military family you are taught that it is not goodbye it is see you later. I love that!! It made saying goodbye to so many people so much easier. Saying goodbye to my grandparents was a little different. My grandfather has struggled from the effects of Parkinson's Disease for years and as of lately has gotten really bad. Grandaddy has been such a huge part of my life and such an encouragement to me. He was the one who baptized me, and also married me. I made it a point to spend time with him before we moved because I knew that could be the last time I would ever see him on earth. Every time I hugged him and walked out their front door I just wanted to turn around and go back. I cannot imagine life without him. I keep wishing for just one more time. I want to hug him, and smell him, and tell him I love him just one more time.
My sweet Nana
His first great grandchild

He was so funny!! When I tried to take HG back he wouldn't let go of her :)


No comments:

Post a Comment