Saturday, August 25, 2012

DESTINation Spectacular Part 1

I decided when I started to blog about Florida, it would def. have to be broken down into sections.
I forgot my camera.
The only pictures I have are ones from my phone, sorry for the quality.

Part 1: The trip
I made the girls these little travel treats and had the intention of tying them up with string and making them cute.  No names mentioned, but a certain man who lives in our house thought it was unnecessary and we needed to get on the road.  Guess that will teach me not to procrastinate. 

We stopped to feel up the car and I asked Mike to check my tires because I thought one of them was low.  Guess what?  I had a nail in my tire.  Of course I did!  We stopped at a local tire shop called Gerald's and let me tell you.  AMAZING!!  I am pretty positive I have no Charleston readers, but in case I do, use these people.  After stopping at several places and being told it would be an hour to hour and a half wait and $75 we found a Gerald's.  We pulled up and were immediately greeted, and tire fixed within 20 min.  When we went to pay we were told, "Have a nice vacation."  Small business', support them people!!

Breakfast at Gerald's

Poor Audrey was so tired of her sisters at this point.

Isn't she sweet?!

I found this vinyl sticker map for AK to learn her states on our trip.  While I was quizzing her on her states, Mike was quizzing her on the baseball teams that play in the state.  Priorities, let me tell ya.

We made a lunch stop at Krystal, supposedly the greatest place ever.  Wrong!!  I am a firm believer hamburgers should always be round, not square.  Sweet precious did get her very first corndog, and ate every last bite.

no words.

We finally made it!!  The girls were surprised with new JA charms for their bracelets from mom and dad.  Thanks you two!!  Always so thoughtful!

This girl finally got some reading time with her Deba.
Stay tuned for Part 2: Beach Fun!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment