Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The greatest vacation of all times

So, for the last month or so I have been talking about going home. I haven't really expanded on that because it was something we wanted to keep to ourselves until we finally made it there. This trip to Abilene was different than any other. This trip was so special!! This trip WE ALL GOT THE SAME LAST NAME!!! That's right, we traveled to Abilene to have an adoption hearing. March 9, Mike adopted Audrey. We have been a family always, this just put the stamp on it. It was such a special day for so many people in so many ways. I love that this day was chosen for our hearing, because on this same day 5 years prior, Mike and I went on our first date! Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us as we have been on this journey!
The Schlauch family :)
This baby was a perfect traveler. Take that every person who dreaded your flight as soon as you saw me walk onto the plane, ha!!
So excited to fly!!
Daddy studied

Asleep at Wingstop after being up for 18 hrs.

We had dinner with our greatest friends on Saturday night!! Thank you all for a great night!!
Before we left to fly home we stopped to see my Grandaddy. I wish I had a video of how much HG loved him. I think it was some pretty good medicine for him!
While we were home Madelynn got super, super sick. I don't think I have ever seen her feel this bad. It broke my heart to be around so many people we love when she felt so horrible. She ended up having an ear infection and was put on four different medications. This picture is of her poor little face with all the broken blood vessels from coughing so much!!
My mom and sister drove us to Dallas to catch our flight home. We left in plenty of time so we stopped to get something to eat in Weatherford, so we didn't have to eat in the airport. Well, long story short, we missed our flight. We were able to get to Houston, but were put on standby for the flight into Charleston. Our luggage was sent to Charleston so we were looking at staying the night in H town with nothing. I was a little frazzled thinking about being there until 8 pm the following day with 3 children, and no belongings. We got to Houston and began the wait to see if would make it standby. I know, for a fact, I had lots of people praying, we made it!! I have no idea how we were lucky enough to get 5 people on a plane, but we did!! We made it back into Charleston only 30 minutes after our original flight landed!! Woohoo!!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me SO happy! You have no idea! Congrats to ALL 5 of the Schlauchs!

    ReplyDelete