Sunday, June 12, 2011

In its own time


I do not know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.

All posts cannot be about the fun things we do, filled with pictures of silly little girls. Sometimes they have to be what is on our hearts, and what brings us to tears. While I know this sounds completely cheesy, the show Army Wives has become a must watch for me on Sunday nights. This season I have watched the show by myself mostly because I sob every episode and really it is a nice quiet time for me. There have been so many situations this season that I have placed myself in and honestly I cannot imagine ever having to endure them. Tonight, on the season finale we learned that the post would close and all of the characters would go separate ways. I am not sure why but this episode affected me more than any other. The military life is hard, and if you are not strong you shouldn't try it. Mike and I have been lucky enough to stay in Abilene, but I know that the reality of us staying here forever is not likely. I think this is why this episode was so hard for me. Leaving Dyess would not mean leaving other military wife friends I have made, but my family. My family is everything to me, I cannot imagine life without seeing them almost everyday. I am beyond scared of what the next few years may hold for us but I know that the military does its very best to develop its own family. Relationships made through the military are like none other, they are what keeps you sane. I can never describe the honor I feel being married to an Airman. The honor, respect, and tradition displayed by our military takes my breath away. At a time where the greatest country in the world is in a game of tug-of-war, our military remains grounded. I am thankful for everything it has brought to my life and know that it will bring many more adventures. I look forward to the friendships I will make, and know that there will be many. Here's to the American soldier and their families!

No comments:

Post a Comment