Friday, March 1, 2013

A surprise to remember

When we returned home from TX, Mr. Wonderful informed me we would be taking a little road trip to celebrate our anniversary that happened 6 weeks prior.  This little road trip turned into an overnight trip, that was one for the books.  Thank you Jen, for being brave enough to take on the girls for the night!!

I have been dying to visit Charlotte since we moved to Charleston.  Reason #1 for going to Charlotte is that there is an Ikea there, and I have had big plans for our playroom for over a year.  Reason #2, is there is a Del Frisco's, and that needs no explanation.


First stop, well Ikea of course.  We got everything I had on my shopping list and you will get to see the end result in a future post.


Swedish fish happen to be my man's favorite candy.  It seemed appropriate to hook him up since we were in a Swedish store.

My guy made reservations at the one and only, Del Frisco's.  We were super surprised to learn they had an almost identical menu to the one in Ft. Worth.  What you are looking at is reason enough for a trip to Charlotte, calamari (shanghai style).  If you have never been to a DF's, jump on it.  We decided that night, we want to eat in every single one.  We have lots of traveling to do to get that accomplished.

I was in desperate need of some make-up, so we made a quick stop at the MAC store.  You know, once you go MAC, you never go back.  Anyway, people have been raving about this stuff, one even saying you will look like you have Oprah's lighting team.  If you know me, I have never been that much of a make-up kind of girl, but thought this was worth a shot.  Umm,  it's is amazing.  It is like putting moisturizer on your face, and never feels like "cakey" makup.  Besides that, it is SPF 35.  Seriously, worth every penny.  Ok, so that was super random.

Charlotte is by far one of my favorite US cities.  It is absolutely beautiful, and the houses, oh the houses.
If you have the opportunity to visit, take it.
I cannot wait for our next visit!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment