Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The great flood

Last Wednesday, I woke up ready to seize the day.  I had a bizillion things to do that I had been putting off for the longest.  I got the girls "dressed" and even left the house with makeup done and wearing my favorite shirt.  If you follow me on Instagram, you know how much I love this shirt.  I think I am even prouder to wear this shirt now than that stinkin' day earlier this month.

Anywho, a trip to Target was absolutely necessary and apparently so was a cake pop.


 I was so proud of myself for everything I got accomplished.  I sat down to blog and help Mike with his homework, good end to a day.  I noticed there was a big puddle of water by my living room rug, but didn't see a cup anywhere around.  It all of a sudden got really hot in the room and I remembered I had left the laundry room sink running to fill up.  Honestly, I was terrified to look around the corner.  It was worse than I expected.  Blah, blah, blah, and I flooded the house.  The night ended with a completely unnecessary purchase of a shop vac, and bag of dry cleaning that is still wet to this day, and the best husband who helped me get it all cleaned up.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh,I am so sorry! We have woken up to ankle deep water before. Not a fun time! Some day you will look back and be able to handle it better! ha. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete